Favourite organic kit products..

I’ve been ‘greening’ my kit for sometime now. Make-up has been much harder to switch than skincare, and indeed is still work in progress for my kit. We’re getting there though; I would say the last five years have seen such an improvement in organic and natural make-up. The colour choices and textures have become so much better, enabling them to compete with the more ‘conventional’ brands. This week is a celebration of organic beauty and here are some of my current favourite organic beauty products from my kit –

Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Foundation

I LOVE this foundation. It gets used on so many people that I work with and it photographs beautifully. I apply it with a brush, usually a flat synthetic concealer one and then I buff it in with a fluffier one, usually this one! A little goes a long way so don’t use too much as it can create too much shine. Use this to even your skintone out and cover minor imperfections, then use a concealer to cover anything else. This foundation is made up of 70% organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments.

RMS Living Luminizer

At the risk of repeating myself, this is a staple in my professional kit and my personal make-up bag. I use this so much as a finishing touch to gently highlight and make skin look naturally healthy and dewy, without being shiny or sparkly. I use it everyday on myself and quite often get comments on the dewiness of my skin (on sometimes 3 hours sleep, so I thank the luminizer for that!) Just use your fingers to dab it onto areas like your cheekbones, eyelids and bridge of your nose.

RMS ‘Un’ Cover Up

Again at the risk of repeating myself, I use this concealer so much. It’s great on its own for lightweight coverage, brilliant on a guy for example. I also use it a lot teamed with Vapour’s foundation. The main ingredient is organic, raw, virgin coconut oil so it will feed and heal skin at the same time.

photo (19)

My dream team!!

Ilia

Made with USDA certified organic ingredients, these lipsticks changed my lip kit. Their colour range is so good and a real break away from the traditional muted colours quite often offered by organic brands. They have a bright neon pink, an orange, a deep purple and then reds, nudes and more.

photo (1)

Couleur Caramel Eyeshadows

I use these a lot. I tend to use a cream base first to get the intensity – I’ve always done that though, whatever shadow I’m using. These contain about 12% organic ingredients, the rest are of natural origin. I like them because there is a good colour range with a good mix of shimmer and matt textures, which is really important.

photo (2)Eye Pencils

I love eye pencils. They’re great as liners but also all over the lid as an eyeshadow base or a quick smokey eye. I was cleaning my kit and rediscovered some of these gems. The long dark blue is Inika and the pale blue is Couleur Caramel. Next is some more Inika, 100% Pure and then the blue and purple together are Benecos.

photo (22)

What are your favourite organic make-up products?

10 Comments

1. 18th September 2015 / 8:03 pm

I’ll have to try using Vapour with a brush your way as though I love the texture it is always *too* glowy when i apply with my fingers.

Apart from the ones you’ve mentioned, I love Red Apple and Xenca for creamy semi-matte pigmented lipsticks.

• loudartford
      21st September 2015 / 8:37 pm

Thank you for reading! Yes do try with a brush, it will absorb a little of the product so less is left on the skin and it becomes easier to ‘buff’ it in, making it less glowy.
      Oooh – not tried those – will investigate – thank you!

2. 18th September 2015 / 9:29 pm

Oops! I mean Hurraw!

3. loudartford
    21st September 2015 / 8:33 pm

Hi Noelia,
    Thank you for your commment – you have a great collection of make-up! You may consider it small but it sounds like you are getting good use out of it all and it works for your skin so that is great. I really like all of the products you have mentioned – love the Green People Mascara. With regards to the Vapour foundation sometimes sitting on dry patches – do you exfoliate – sometimes that can help make-up to sit better. Have you tried their Skin Perfector underneath – it works a bit like a primer so that could also be worth a try.
    I’m so pleased that Demure works well for your cheeks!

4. 24th September 2015 / 8:23 pm

Great post. I am in search of a bb cream or tinted sunscreen or I dont even know what because my beloved Missha cream has mineral oil and parabens. I have melasma on my skin so the hyperpigmentation makes it hard to find products that blend/cover. I have been wanting to try Vapour but it is so dang hard to give up something that works!!

• loudartford
      30th September 2015 / 1:18 pm

Thank you!
      I know exactly what you’re saying – really hard when you love a product but not the ingredients!! Give Vapour a go – perhaps you could try a sample first.
      Do you like mineral powders – they’re great for building coverage – try Alima Pure or W3LL PEOPLE – after you’ve applied spritz with some water or a toner to get more of a dewy finish if you like creams..

• 1st October 2015 / 5:52 am

Great advice because I just got a deluxe sample of W3ll people!!

5. loudartford
    3rd October 2015 / 8:17 pm

Brilliant – let us know how you get on!

6. 21st February 2016 / 9:59 pm

Thanks for sharing, Lou – I’m trying to set a combination of grey eye -shadows so I’m pleased with your recommendation. Can you tell me which palettes do you use to stock yours – the one on the picture? And as per Vapour foundations – don’t you find them a little to pinky in their undertones? I’m looking for a long lasting foundation with buildable coverage which I could mix for brides. I need 2-3 colours to start with. Would you recommend the Vapour?

• Louise
      2nd March 2016 / 10:31 am

Hey Sylwia, thank you for your comment and for reading!
      The palette in the picture is a Z Pallete which I think I got from Lovemakeup.com You are right the Vapour can be a little pink, the 115 and the 123 are more yellow. I do tend to mix quite a lot, so I’ll mix in a slightly more yellow concealer for example if I need it. I really like the Vapour, they can sometimes feel a little shiny on some people – like anything different on different skin types. Really work them into the skin and would definitely need to powder for a bride. Get some samples and see if you like working with them first I would say.